A few things of note regarding syn- and post- Cyclone Debbie:
- No media attention during worst of event whilst we still had tv and Internet?..
- Gusts at 263km/hr vs mainland <200, yet no post damage coverage.
- Briefly saw Seven news show fence down in Mackay…..err Hello, this island has been torn a new one! – roofs gone,dozen vessels damaged/overturned
- Sunrise Kochie ” logistical issues in visiting Hamilton Island ”
- Lack of reception even via Telstra? Jamming signal? Or just distance? Will social media make up for it in due course as people get out?
- Injuries on island?.. No word?
- No media on island?
- Flights in delayed until Thurs arvo? After clean up? Information not forthcoming
- Abc news about bakery? Positive spin?
- Private island? Negative media a massive business risk! Who is owner?
- Spoke to contractors, reportedly other major on-island misdemeanours never make the media!! E.g 8 person buggy smash about 12 months ago, mugginess etc
- Strange that excuse for late flights was damaged runway/ structural engineers reviewing and yet early morning issue of proposed flight times was first out at 9:40am. They would have known well in advance whether runway was acceptable, I.e yesterday!
- First choppers passed were military? Media much later in the day?? Seems odd? Good story to be had, how are they being silenced??